Anti-corrosion ZincTape® consists of zinc tape of high pureness (more than 99.95% of the chemical mass of zinc) with a nominal thickness of 0.08 mm. ZincTape® is supplied with an adhesive of a nominal thickness of 0.025 mm resistant to continuous operation in temperatures of 80°C and reacting under electro-conductive pressure. The adhesive layer is coated with silicone paper, which protects the tape from damage and contamination until it is applied.
ZincTape® is available in two forms:
- in shapes kiss-cut according to the customer’s needs
- as an anti-corrosion tape in rolls (available width and length presented in the table)
Anti-corrosion ZincTape® was designed to provide iron, steel, aluminium and light metal surfaces with corrosion protection. It is achieved by applying the tape to the surface that needs corrosion protection. This method is commonly known as “laminar zync coating”. The adhesive layer, which is applied only on one side of the tape, consists of a matrix of adhesive and a percentage of zinc powder. Through the addition of zinc powder we have achieved the most important effect, which is making the adhesive itself electro conductive. This process allows the adhesive to create an electrical couple between the surface that needs to be protected and ZincTape®, so that the zinc can act as galvanic anode.
As a consequence of the unique manufacturing process and the high pureness of the employed zinc, the band has an absolutely homogeneous and isotropic microstructure, which cannot be found in other protection systems. For this reason, any pitting or any form of local corrosive attacks are avoided.
ZincTape® has the following features:
- inhibiting direct corrosion
- active anti-corrosive protection thanks to the electrical contact between the surface protected and the zinc layer, which, in the presence of an electrolyte, reacts as a scarifying anode
- an adhesive layer, anchored on the surface to be protected, which is an additional defence against corrosion.
- any kiss-cut shapes
- quick, easy, accurate application
- effective protection
- waste reduction
- full product documentation
How can we help?
The prototype ready in 24 hours!
Full support at every stage of order execution.
Quick EU delivery.